Great news! Eclipse OpenJ9 0.10.0 release ushers in OpenJDK11 with Eclipse OpenJ9, a Long-term support (LTS) Release in the new accelerated cadence of version releases. The easiest way for you to try it out, is by downloading either:
- Pre-built JDK11 with OpenJ9 binaries (from AdoptOpenJDK)
- OpenJDK11 with OpenJ9 Docker images (from Docker hub)
The Eclipse OpenJ9 0.10.0 release notes give a general overview of features available in this release. You can also check out more details in the 0.10.0 release plan. To summarize, OpenJ9 Release 0.10.0 offers:
- OpenJDK version 11 with Eclipse OpenJ9 – which include such JEPs as Nestmates/JEP181 and Condy/JEP309.
- -Xshareclasses updates (increased default cache size & additional information available in Java dump files)
- Improved compatibility via additional support of Hotspot options
It would seem wrong not to reiterate… these go to 11 (shameless Spinal Tap reference). Thanks and kudos to all of the folks who made this release happen in such a timely fashion! Bravo!!